Search This Blog

Friday, February 8, 2008

End of Data- Sahrah LP

I promise this isn't intentional anymore, folks, but today's band also happens to hail from France. It's a request of sorts from a new reader, and the band is End of Data, a four piece minimal wave/art-rock outfit who formed in 1983 and split just a few years later. Live setups for the band included ex-members of Tanit and Orchestre Rouge.

The band's discography consists of two solid records, 1984's Sahrah and 1985's Dans Votre Monde. As I'm unable to scour up a copy of the latter in an "acceptable" bitrate (if anyone wants a 128kps rip of the record, holler and I'll post it), I've only uploaded their influential debut. Alternately, if anyone has a more sufficient copy of said record, feel free to send it my way.

Details:


End of Data- Sahrah LP (1984)
1. End Of Data I & II
2. If I'm Not A Killer
3. Follow Me And So
4. Like A Succession I & II
5. Trottodaf
6. Sahrah / Symphonie Inachevée

*download it here*

note: though these tracks are usually split up on the original release, the version I've uploaded combines these intros, outros, and sequel tracks into one, hence the slightly truncated tracklisting.

During their tenure, the title track 'Sahrah' became a slightly prominent club hit, and has since been featured on several coldwave/French wave compilations. They made a video, to boot, and here it is:

No comments:

Post a Comment