Search This Blog

Thursday, May 15, 2008

I'm So Hollow- discography REDUX

Sorry for the duplicate post here, ladies and gentlemen. If you happened to download the I'm So Hollow zip file yesterday, delete it! I've since uncovered a vastly superior rip of the Emotion/Sound/Motion LP with all bass intact. If you happened to nab this record from Mutant Sounds in the past, delete that version too, as it's a similar rip to the one I posted yesterday. This one's the way to go. Otherwise, I also neglected to include the band's exclusive appearance on the Hicks In the Sticks compilation, so the lone track, 'I Don't Know' has also been included in the new zip file to complete the discography!

For today's post, I've uploaded the entire discography for Sheffield post-punk band I'm So Hollow, which is admittedly not a whole lot. The four piece band formed in 1978 and only lasted three years, splitting up after recording one 7'' single and one full length record. The band wet their feet opening up for the likes of Clock DVA, and have since developed a bit of a cult following due to their involvement in the Sheffield music scene, their peers including the Human League and Artery, among others. I'm So Hollow also managed to cut a John Peel session before disbanding. One exclusive song, also included below, has been compiled several times over since the band's demise.



I'm So Hollow- Dreams to Fill the Vacuum 7'' (1980)
1. Dreams To Fill The Vacuum
2. Distraction



I'm So Hollow- Emotion/Sound/Motion LP (1981)
1. Entrance
2. Which Way..?
3. Unbroken Line
4. Touch
5. Collisions
6. Excitement = Change
7. The Triangular Hour
8. Emotion / Sound / Motion
9. Nosferatu/Distraction



Various Artists: Hicks In the Sticks Compilation(1980)
13. I Don't Know

*download them here*

For your viewing pleasure, here's a live performance of 'Touch' taken from the Made In Sheffield DVD:



Lastly, a request for the peanut gallery: if anyone has a recording of the I'm So Hollow Peel Session, please send it my way! Pretty please with cherries?

No comments:

Post a Comment