Search This Blog

Friday, April 9, 2010

Blue In Heaven REDUX

You guys asked for it, and here it is! Contained within this post are four releases by Irish post-punk band Blue In Heaven, including both their debut single and the elusive Rock 'N' Roll R.I.P. EP. You can nab their two full length records in these back pages: here and here.

According to Wikipedia, this doesn't complete the entire Blue In Heaven discography (as much as I'd like it to0. Their 1983 debut single The Lights Go Out (the same track Bono praised upon its release) is nowhere to be found, and the site also lists a final single in 1988, simply entitled Track 01. I'm also looking for a live track entitled "Tell Me," plucked from the Live For Ireland complilation, but that may just be a video only release, as a clip exists on Youtube. If anyone has any more information for these releases, feel free to chime in and sling them my way! Otherwise, here's the information for the remaining discography.



Blue In Heaven- Julie Cries 12'' (1984)
1. Julie Cries (12'' Version)
2. The Message



Blue In Heaven- Across My Heart 12'' (1984)
1. Across My Heart
2. A Whiter Day
3. Across My Heart (Martin Hannett Version)



Blue In Heaven- I Just Wanna 12'' (1986)
1. I Just Wanna (12'' Mix)
2. Beating In My Head (Little Flower)



Blue In Heaven- Rock 'N' Roll R.I.P. 12'' (1988)
1. She Is Everything
2. Swinging
3. Feel So Good
4. Loose (live) [originally by The Stooges]
5. On and On

*download all four here*

No comments:

Post a Comment