Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Alan Shearer- Dark Is the Color LP

Sorry for the onslaught of posts, folks! Got ants in the pants, I guess- lots of cool things I'm excited about posting in the new year. This one was just sent to me this morning by Mr. BX, and since I've been dying to hear it for some time, I figured some of you might be anxious to hear it as well.

Contained within we have the second LP from French musician Alan Shearer, released in 1985. I included the final track on this LP in the recent Systems of Romance compilation post, so some of you may already be familiar with this album's general vibe. You can expect more of the same instrumental synth grooves here, some more melodic and ambient than others. Reminds me of a cross between Tangerine Dream and some of John Carpenter's more dancefloor electronic tracks. Definitely an interesting listen!



Alan Shearer- Dark Is the Color LP
1. The Heart Patrol
2. Dark Is The Color
3. Generation V
4. Chronomaster
5. Nocturnal March
6. The Flea Age
7. Tropical Terminal
8. Only For One Girl
9. Blackstone
10. Down Town
11. Sons Of The Snake

*download it here*

No comments:

Post a Comment